As mentioned in my previous post today, my little brother made me Easter dinner tonight. I was pleasantly surprised!
He made me pork chops, mashed potatoes and salad. He even bought me balsamic vinaigrette because he knows I don’t like creamy dressings. Isn’t he a sweetie?!
Remember how I said my family went to my great grandpa’s 95th birthday party this weekend? Well here’s my dad and his grandpa. Aren’t they a bunch of studs! I’m really sad I missed out on this opportunity to see him and my extended family.
Since I’ve started working out more in the morning (and since that was my habit last summer) I thought I would share my tricks for getting up for my early morning workouts.
- Go to bed early. Whatever early means for you. But you should be getting 7-8 hours of sleep a night. So whatever that takes for you, do it. If I don’t get enough sleep, I seriously cannot function the next day and I get sick so much easier.
- Use an alarm that works for you! Whether that means setting multiple alarms, putting your phone across the room or whatever! Just do it! Then when it goes off, GET UP. The alarm I use will give me a window of time to snooze and once it hits a certain time I can’t snooze it anymore, so I have to get up.
- Set out your workout clothes the night before so you can just get up and go! If it will make it even easier, sleep in the clothes you plan on workout out in the next day. You’re going to get gross in them anyway. Who cares if they’re a little wrinkled?!
- Make getting out the door as easy as possible. Set out your keys. Fill up your water bottle.
- Have easy to eat fuel ready. I can’t eat a ton before exercising but I definitely need something. A piece of toast or a banana are perfect for me to give me quick energy without weighing down my stomach.
- Keep it up. It’s takes time to develop new habits and if you’re not used to it, it will be hard at first. Just keep at it. You’ve got this 🙂
Any tips you would add to the list?
What did you have for Easter dinner?
Twété Bird Headband giveaway goes for just under 7 more days! Don’t miss out!