The last time I went to zumba I left early, so this was my first time staying the whole hour. Whoa. You guys, I’m sore! I feel like I ran 12 miles! Ok, not that bad, but I’m pretty impressed at how good of a work out I got! The best part though was that the cool down song/dance was hula! For those of you who don’t know me well, I danced hula for 3 years in high school. It was so fun to do it again! I texted my mom for a picture of me doing hula but until I get one, this is the closest I’ve got. It’s me, my mom and grandpa at our birthday party luau (we all share a birthday!) when I turned 16, my mom turned 40 and my grandpa turned 65. And yeah, let’s not talk about how I was clearly in my awkward stage. haha!
Tuesdays my roommate and I get Cafe Rio and watch Pretty Little Liars. You can think we’re 15, it’s fine. I always get the sweet pork salad with the vinaigrette (although I like Costa Vida’s vinaigrette better)
The Easy Run – NOT OPTIONAL (totally ok with me)
- Running anywhere from 20 minutes to 2.5 hours paced slower than your marathon (race) goal pace by 1-2 minutes.
- Even advanced runners do more easy runs (it’s not weak! It’s mandatory for good health and decreased injury!)
Benefits of Easy Runs
- Avoid burnout and breakdown! (um, who doesn’t want this!)
- Gentle stress and active recovery
- Builds up your base
- Strengthens your heart
- Transports more oxygen to working muscles
- Trains you to run longer at a certain pace
Sometimes when you’re really into your training or you feel like you’ve been doing well, it’s hard to take a little step back and do your easy runs. But they’re so important! Promise me you’ll do your easy runs! (We promise, Alyssa) Good 🙂
Lastly, I’ll leave you with this quote that has been weighing on my mind. Big changes coming my way. I’ll let you know more when I have more solid info to give.
Anyone else do any dance? Any other hula dancers??
Do you like Cafe Rio or Costa Vida better?
Are you good about your easy runs? What do you do to work them in?