Today has been a very stressful day. As I mentioned last night, I had an awful test (it was worse than I could have imagined) and there are various things that are making me quite overwhelmed at the moment. However, in the midst of all these stressors, I need to acknowledge the wonderful things that have happened and will happen today.
- This morning I was able to get in a little workout (Jillian’s 30 Day Shred, Level 2), something I missed very much yesterday.
- I got to come in to work at 8 instead of 7. So great!!! (seriously, no sarcasm right now)
- I got an email informing me about a possibly awesome opportunity. I’m not able to discuss it right now but believe me you’ll be one of the first to know when/if this happens. Basically, it made me feel happy 🙂
- One of the girls on my staff brought me a plate of cookies because she knew I’d been having a stressful week. She also wrote me a nice note. I just love people like her. She’s so selfless. Also sugar cookies are my favorite!
- I got to spend some time outside today (which I NEVER get to do since I work in an office 8-5 and it has no windows. sad I know), which means I got to soak up some sun. Felt soo nice! We’ve been having such beautiful weather and it was nice to be able to enjoy it for a little bit.
- After my awful test, I came back to my desk and saw a reminder for a committee meeting. Turns out none of us could remember what we had planned to do at this meeting and half the committee was missing anyway, so we chatted for a bit and then called it quits. Awesome.
- Cori at Olive to Run wrote her readers (which includes myself!) the sweetest note! Just made me feel all warm and fuzzy.
- We have a training class every week for my staff on Wednesdays. This means I get to leave work a little early (not really because it’s still part of my job. so I guess I get to leave the office) and go be with 45 people I really like.
- Tonight I’m going to spend some good quality time with some of my best girls.
See? There’s so much good if we just stop and take the time to acknowledge it.
So Happy Wednesday from me to you!
What wonderful things have happened to you today?
What’s your favorite type of cookie?
***Twete Bird Headband Giveaway only has 4 days left! Get on it!****