Even though some of the people around me lately may not believe it, I have been trying to be positive lately. I’ve always been told by people how positive I am, but I never believed it. I really don’t think I’m that positive of a person. I think I’m whiny, cynical and sarcastic. But whatever. If people want to see me as positive, I will take it!
Lately it’s been hard to hide the whiny, cynical, sarcastic side of me. So I tell myself “Be grateful! Life is good! You should be more patient. Be thankful. Positive attitude!” (am I the only one who pep talks themselves?) Then I run into things like this and they make me feel a lot better.
If you’ve been reading my blog for any length of time, I think you know I get overwhelmed easily. That’s why it’s good for me to really stop and think about everything I’m grateful for in my life:
- Family – immediate and extended
- Amazing friends
- Great coworkers that I care about
- A good job where I am valued
- A happy home with great roommates
- My car starts and gets good gas mileage. And it’s from 1994. That’s a miracle.
- The ability to run and enjoy it! So many people don’t like it and it breaks my heart!
- Access to good food
- A healthy body
- Oh and of course the best blog friends 🙂
I could go on and on but really I don’t think you need to read all of it. Or want to! But I do want to offer up a challenge. Let’s go through today with the goal to be positive. For every negative thought, think of something good. We’ll all do it together! Ready…..Go!
What are you grateful for today?
Tell me something positive!
Also, I forgot to ask yesterday, who watched Bachelorette?? Who is your favorite so far?! (guy with the kid)