Guess who has the best dad ever and is going to the Brad Paisley concert tonight?? This girl! I’m so excited! Can it be 7 pm already??
Yesterday I woke up sore from my workout from the day before and it was the best. I LOVE being sore! I mean, yeah sometimes it really hurts (like after a big race) but for the most part for me it’s my way of knowing I got an excellent workout.
So the last couple nights have involved me leaving work, eating dinner and heading out to see apartments that have rooms I may be interested in renting. It’s been an interesting process. I’ve realized that “room for rent” hunting, dating and job interviews all have some things in common:
- You have to do the work to see if it’s something you’re really interested in.
- Both sides are putting their best foot forward so that the other side will want to stay (even in job interviews, sometimes you don’t feel so good about a company after meeting the people).
- You want the other person to get to know you…but not too much. Don’t want to scare them off!
- The other person is potentially a creep.
- Not every situation is meant to work out.
- You may be in for a surprise! Creepy basements? Check. Closet sized bedrooms? Check. Cheesy jokes you don’t laugh at and then it gets awkward? Check and check.
- You can’t look for perfection because you’re never going to find it.
- Sometimes, it requires a complete leap of faith.
- In the end, it ends up working out exactly like it’s supposed to.
These last couple of weeks have been a huge reminder to me that…
I should have known it was all working out too easily. These last couple of weeks definitely haven’t been “easy”. They’ve definitely made me stop and think, re-evaluate, remind myself where I want to go, acknowledge my gratitude for the good things in my life and exert as much faith as possible.
I really do believe that everything will work out exactly the way it’s meant to work out.
Do you like Brad Paisley? What’s the last concert you went to?
Don’t you just love being sore after a great workout??
Anything to add to the list?