Hey everyone! I know it’s been a few days. I’ve fallen off the wagon in a couple of different areas in life (blogging included) and I’ve decided I need to fix this! So I’m going to put some goals out into the universe and you guys can hold me accountable! But first I’ll share three things about my weekend, because I know you missed me oh so much!
1) It was my roommate, Hillary’s birthday. We had a delicious dinner and then had cake that had a beautiful amount of frosting on it. As we all know, cake is just a vehicle for the frosting anyway.
2) I saw “The Saratov Approach” with some of my roommates and a new friend! (yes, I am making new friends. It’s like moving to a new middle school and then again when I moved to Texas all over again.) The movie tells the TRUE story of two LDS missionaries serving in Saratov, Russia who are kidnapped and held for ransom. It made international news at the time and I couldn’t figure out why I wouldn’t remember something so huge. Then it turns out this happened in March of 1998. I was 9 and blissfully ignorant of anything happening outside of 4th grade. That’s why I don’t remember haha
But the story is intense, riveting and amazing. Love this movie. If they’re showing it in your area, you should totally go see it.
3) I’m getting my best friend Deborah to watch “Friends” from start to finish. She’s watched episodes here and there but now she’ll know the whole story. We’ve watched a few episodes the last couple of nights and last night she took home a set of disks so that she could keep watching on her own. I’m so proud.
Alright people, now it’s time to discuss the plan! I’m going to set a few goals that will help me to get back on track with various areas of my life. There are either tasks to accomplish this week or behaviors to reinstate:
- Get a membership to Gold’s Gym. I have been AWFUL at exercising ever since I’m no longer on a set schedule, so it’s time to buckle down. I’ve had a gym membership in the past and I loved it. So I’m getting a membership this week.
- Be in bed by 10:30 with lights out by 11:00 pm sharp. A girl needs a little time to read in bed of course 😉 Plus then I can be up and at ’em no later than 7!
- Have my blog post written for the next day by 9:30 pm. Ahem…starting with tomorrow’s post…
- Use my Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays to write at least 2-3 posts in advance. This will help me with nights when I’m busier, plus give me extra time to make them super awesome. Be excited.
- Get a Hootsuite account for my blog. I’ve used this for previous jobs and it’s really so helpful!
- Read my scriptures first thing in the morning. If I do it at night, I start to fall asleep. If I do something else in the morning first, I get easily distracted. First thing’s first!
Ok We better start with those things because we can’t do too much too soon! But really I need more structure in my life right now, so this will help tremendously! You guys will keep me accountable right? I will follow up one week from now and let you know how these went this week. The pressure is officially on!
How is your Tuesday going?
What’s the most recent movie you’ve been to see in the theaters?
What are you current goals?