Alright, seriously who’s the jerk who is pushing the fast forward button on October?? Not ok! My favorite month is quickly coming to an end and from here on out the whole year just goes so quickly with the holidays.
Yesterday I got up early, read my scriptures and went to the gym. All before work, just like I used to do all last year. Those were the days! Then I got to work and as the day wore on I was feeling sick – sore throat, achy, headache – the usual. That’s what I get for leaving my nice, comfy bed and going to a sweaty, public area. 😉 Really though I loved getting in my workout early (even if it was just 30 mins of elliptical) and I’m sure the sickness is partially due to the fact that I haven’t been taking my vitamins regularly. It’s a hard knock life. I’m hoping that I don’t come down with anything that bad. I’ll just be better about those vitamins and getting to bed earlier 🙂
In the midst of not being able to run (even this short, short amount of time) and some other drama going on in my life, I’d like to make a gratitude list on this wonderful Wednesday.
- Gorgeous, fall weather that we’re having!!
- My foot is healing quickly.
- I can still exercise and I am! Yay for a gym membership!
- My coworkers – these guys have me laughing all day long! Yesterday Abby was on the phone asking for Paul and accidentally introduced herself as Paul. Maybe you had to be there. It was freaking hilarious.
- The opportunity for growth and improvement at my work.
- Golden Oreos+Cookie Butter. Holy wow. Go to the store right now!
- Being close to my parents again. I haven’t lived this close to them since I actually lived with them…at age 18.
- Technology that lets me communicate with my siblings all week-long.
- Water. I rarely drink anything else. It’s the good stuff.
- I get to see old friends this weekend and celebrate two special occasions.
- My new Asics Cumulus Gel 15 arrive TODAY!!!! Yes you’ll be seeing at least 1 picture of them on the blog tomorrow. Maybe 2. We’ll see how it goes.
There are things I would definitely change about my life and my current situation if given the opportunity. But something I have realized lately is that I am very happy. I’m so happy where I am and I’m happy with the choices I have made that brought me here. I am happy with who I am and who I’m becoming. I’m happy with my life overall and I’m so very, very grateful for that. Of course things could be better in various aspects, but I try not to dwell on those things. Because right now, I choose to be genuinely grateful and happy. My Heavenly Father has been very good to me.
What are you grateful for today? yes I ask this a lot but that’s because it’s that important. Also it’s your only question for today, so give it some thought!