Yesterday, I ran! I ran 3 miles and my foot only hurt a teeny bit afterward. Hooray! It feels so good to be able to run again, even if I have to take it easy. I have a coworker who has an injury right now and can’t even sit, let alone run, so I’m so grateful!
I figure if I take it easy and don’t run like Phoebe we should be ok….even though it does look fun…
I already have my next half picked out and I’m going for a PR. My goal is 1:45. I think I’ll start officially training next month. I want to make sure my foot is fully healed. Stay tuned!
One of my favorite parts of driving home from the gym is this view! Holy cow! I just love the mountains so much. One of the things I missed most when I lived in Texas (besides extended family, friends and good tasting water) was the mountains. They’re gorgeous and just make me feel so safe.
Word on the street is that some of the ski resorts are opening up this weekend. Crazy!! Can’t believe it’s already that time of year. My dad is super excited about it. He’s been doing snow dances for months. You think I’m kidding.
Tonight my cousin is flying in from California and I’m taking her to my alma mater for the weekend to try to recruit her to the Aggie family. It’s going to be a blast and I’m so excited! Plus the weather is supposed to be amazing this weekend…into the 60s! In November! In Logan, UT!!! That’s insane but I’m convinced the gods are looking down on us and want this to be the perfect weekend for my cousin.
Um, seriously. Just look at that ^…who wouldn’t want to go to school there?!
This weekend will include, but not be limited to:
- Aggie Ice Cream
- Official Campus Tour by university reps
- Unofficial, customized campus tour by yours truly as I fill in the gaps and give her the dirt on anything she wants to know. I worked as a university representative myself for 6 years, in different positions. And by dirt, of course I mean amazing, wonderful information.
- Meeting with an academic advisor. My cousin is super brilliant, so this is a must!
- First Aggie Basketball game of the season!!! I wish I could fully convey the amazing-ness that is Aggie Basketball.
- Cleaning the sink at Angie’s (oh…you just wait for the post that includes this!! It’s much cooler than it sounds)
- Cheese Curds
- Aggie swag
- Food at all the local eats. My cousin will NOT be going hungry this weekend, that’s for sure!
- Tour of Cache Valley
and much more 🙂 Can’t give it all away! Now to make it through today…days just seem to go so much slower when there’s something so fun to look forward to!
How have your runs been going?
What do you love most about where you live?
What are you looking forward to this weekend?